Bruce A Hanson is the author of Double Cross—a mystery/thriller for all ages from eleven to ninety—and a children’s picture book, Elephants iIn My Stew. His multi-genre, award-winning short stories have been published in a variety of short fiction anthologies.
• First Place — (MAA) Melody Richardson Memorial Contest, 2020
• First Place – Royal Canadian Legion Seniors’ Literary competition, 2020
• Long list – Ontario Writers Conference Story Starter Contest, 2016
• 3rd place (non-fiction) in the Writers Community of Simcoe County/Lifestyle magazine Northern Living contest, 2013
• 2nd Place – Brendon Donnelly Award For Children’s Literature, 1996
Plus Four Honourable Mentions:
• Canadian Author’s Association CanWrite! competition, 2014
• Winners’ Circle Int’l (CAA) Short Story Competition, 2000
• (in the top 3), Mississauga Library Writing Contest,1998
Bruce is a member of the Barrie Writers Club and the Writers Community of York Region. He has been a featured reader at Word UP Barrie, and was interviewed on “Daytime” (Rogers cable). He and a friend have been featured on Cottage Cheese (Cottage Life TV) for their “Beer-Me zip-line”.
An Electrical Engineer and introvert, Bruce believes growth is achieved by stepping outside one’s comfort zone. As such, he took improvisational acting with Toronto’s Second City and Dave Thomas (aka hoser, Doug McKenzie), has worked as an extra on TV and film including Flashpoint and Warehouse 13, has provided seminars with IBM and SkillPath, and was a keynote speaker and guest lecturer for Queen’s University’s Science and Technology MBA program